In August 2014 my "You're So Vain.." poster was exhibited as part of the Comic Sans exhibition at The Proud Archivist in London.
To celebrate its 20th anniversary, designers and artists from 38 countries designed posters representing what Comic Sans means to them. Do they love it or hate it? What would the world be like without the font we all love to hate?
The results were both diverse and intriguing. A mix of international designers/studios, including Vincent Connare (Comic Sans creator), his nemesis Ban Comic Sans, Bibliothèque, Build, Bunch Design, Oli Frape, Believe In, Hey Studio, Purpose, Spin, Sawdust, The Partners, Kiosk – and many many more contributed.
From over 500 submissions, 200 posters were exhibited at The Proud Archivist in London from August 20th – 24th.
• 38 countries
• 500+ submissions
• 200 Exhibitors
• Hosted by The Proud Archivist, W1
• Exhibition runs: Aug 20 – 24, 2014
• Supported by TBWA, Monotype, GF Smith, Ripe Digital, Nimbus Hosting, The Proud Archivist, Newspaper Club, Crusador, On Demand, Lick & Stick and Masters Bookbinding
• 70,000 visits to the website
• 970,000 Tweet Reach
• 1.88 million retweet Reach
• 13.47 million mention reach
• Over £5.5K raised for Cancer Research UK
Photograph by David Craik – www.davidcraikphotography.co.uk